Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Sunny Day by Bishop

I have been hearing about all that snow back in South Carolina, and I think I would trade three days in Madeira to have gotten to play in that snow.  It made me really homesick.  But today made things better because it was the first real sunny day that stayed sunny all day long.  
Here is what we got to do:

First, we had a little school and then headed to the park.  We played basketball, and while we were there, we saw something in the sky.  It looked like a parachute but it was steering up and down.  They kept zooming past us up high in the sky.  I asked mom what they were.  She said that they must be parasails.  She sat by someone on the plane who was visiting Madeira to parasail, so it must be popular here. We watched for a LONG time.  They were parasails! They landed right beside us and then packed it all up in a backpack.  It was very exciting.




Then, we went to get a chocolate pastry.  They are soooooo good.  They are like long flat croissants with melted chocolate inside.



Next, we sat for a while enjoying the chocolate while watching people swim in the ocean and looking at the pools where we will get to swim soon.  I am so mad that nobody will go swimming with me yet.  I don't think it is too cold at all.



We went back to the center of the field in the park and played this cool sling shot game that my grandfather, Bear, gave me.  Our record was ten in a row which is hard to do!  




School wears me out but playing in the park wears mom out.



Before we left, Zelle and I got to play in a new tree that we discovered. There are the best trees for climbing here.  The sunny day made everything better.


10 comments:

  1. Bishop, the snow was really pretty. The kids missed two days of school. There's still a lot of snow hanging around, but this weekend will be in the 70s. I hope you and your family are doing well.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that snow has fallen on the higher regions of Madeira? It is still there ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc-if9GchEg

    Only they will not let you drive all the way up .... and you need to walk to see more. Have you brought your snow boots? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bishop, I am glad the sunny day made everything good! From the looks of it, you had a day to remember. What fun it must be to climb in those trees, eat yummy chocolate pastries, dream about swimming in the pool, and watching parasailers from beginning to end. Keep having fun and don't wear your mom out too much!
    Love, Mrs. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bishop, Everything you wrote was so fun and interesting! I like that nice pool you and Zelle will be swimming in soon....everytime I see the pictures of ya'll with pastries, it makes me want to rush to a bakery!! Love all of you and keep writing! Ana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys! We are thoroughly enjoying these wonderful photos and blog entries! The snow was pretty here earlier this week, but today the temp is in the mid 70s and we are staying outside as much as possible. Madeira looks beautiful. Love to you all,
    Michel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Guys,
    It sounds so wonderful there! I bet the parasails were really cool! The pool is gorgeous also and right by the ocean how pretty! When I read about the chocolate I got really hungry and wanted something chocolate!
    Luv Ya
    Caroline Turner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Richardson family,

    Zelle, school is really different without you and I cant wait till you return. Some of the teachers have read us some of your schoolwork. Mr. Thompson read us your paper on your planet and Mrs camp presented your mythology project, both were really good. I think the trip you are on is so cool but i cant wait for you to come back.
    ashley tisdale

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bishop,
    I hope you are happy in Maderia. The pastries look good. Even though I don't like dark chocolate.
    My cast is off but I am not allowed to run and play baseball until summer. BIG BIG BUMMER
    Your friend,
    Heyward

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi bishop and zelle! i read both of your blogs and really enjoyed reading about both of your experiences. the snow was beautiful, but madeira doesnt sound so bad either! :)
    miss you guys,
    emi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Bishop and Zelle!The snow was really cool I wish you guys were here.But the funny part is that we'll have sunny weather but then cold weather.Guess what?Were going to DISNEY WORLD for Ross's birthday[April 2]. Also America placed in the semifinals in the WBC. But Ross broke his toe but don't worry he'll be fine.
    Your friend, Rett

    ReplyDelete